We are pleased to announce you that on the 17th of October 2012 local and regional public communicators just gave birth to a european public communication network. The newborn is doing well, however he is abnormally active and full of ideas for such a young little boy. It sounds strange but he already talks. His first words were not “mum” or “daddy” but… “sharing practices”… What a surprise to hear him talk about internal communication, Information Technologies or regional branding. We think the little kid will go far in life, his sweet name is Europcom, the public communication network!
During the third Europcom conference, the Europcom association was conceived by public communicators deeply in love… with their job! Around his cradle he gathers publics communicators from national, regional and local authorities and representatives of public communication associations: Cap’Com (France), Communication publique (Wallonia), Comunicazione Pubblica e Istituzionale (Italy) and Dircom’ (Spain).
All together, we are raising the newborn in aim:
- to enable practitioners of public communication to exchange experiences and promote knowledge in the field of communication
- to build bridges between professionals and academics
- to encourage local and regional authorites to communicate on Europe
- to bring together public communication stakeholders, to provide them with information tools, documentation and good practices in this field
- to favour the recognition of the communication profession within public sector
Europcom compils topical subjects of the public communication sector. As public communicators, we need to share experiences, to progress, therefore we decided to go beyond the national and mental borders. Visit our website and feel free to give us your opinion. Europcom.net is the place where you can highlight your public communications actions. Though the main language of the website is the English, as a multicultural network we are broadcasting articles in several european tongues. So do not wait anymore, send us your contribution, articles or any media at firstname.lastname@example.org
And most of all enjoy your visit!